Phase 1, Week 3

     I am approaching the end of week 3 and feeling great. My wife has started to "enjoy" the process as well. While she isn't participating in 75 Hard, she has been going to the gym with me every day and is already starting to see results. Which has positively affected her mood. When she is happy, I am happy! 

    My diet is finally dialed in for the level of workouts I have been doing. Tracking macros is a crucial part of my diet. A few days ago, I was feeling sad. That's the best way to describe my mood. I went into the kitchen and told my wife I was feeling down. She mentioned it could be a diet thing. Per usual, she was right. I went into the app where I tracked my food and noticed I only consumed 800 calories. I am too big of a guy to have only eaten 800 calories by 6pm. I pounded some food, took pre-workout for the second time in my life, and we went to the gym. 

    Another thing that has been a pain for me is the 5-minute cold shower. I have been resenting it every single day. Last night I checked my phone before bed to ensure I didn't miss anything. Right after I got out of a nice hot shower, I saw that I still had one task left, and it was the most dreadful moment of 75 Hard thus far. I still had my cold shower. It would have been so easy to check that box, go to bed, and say that I did it, but instead, I turned the shower back on and jumped right back in to take a cold shower right before bed. 

At this point I feel so good I wish Phase 1 lasted 75 days. My fear is that if I don't have 75 Hard to hold me accountable I am going slip back into my old ways. 

The next few days my focus is to really drive discipline into my routine.

I'm looking forward to week 4. 

JD




Comments

Popular Posts