75 Hard: Phase 1 Complete!

 Based on my past blogs, it may seem like I feel miserable all the time and I'm constantly in a funk. That's not the case at all. Most days during this program, I feel amazing. I am more energetic now than I've ever been. I have never felt healthier.

I think writing about the "good" things happening in life is easy. That's what people love to post about. I've learned that writing has become an outlet to clear some of that brain fog you get from pushing your body to the max. 

Anyone that has gotten into running consistently understands the feeling of a runner's high. It feels like you are at the top of the world. They also know what it's like to experience the dark side of running. Where you feel like you are broken, out of shape, and hated. The runner's low can get low for me sometimes. So I need to put those thoughts down into words. 

75 Hard is no exception. You have days where you absolutely crush it. You go to bed feeling incredibly proud of the day you just had, wake up, and WHAM, you're hit with some weird kind of exhaustion you've never felt. 

One of my tasks for Phase 1 was to journal every day. Some days I got particular. On other days it would sometimes take me 15 minutes to stare at a blank page only to pick the pen up and write, "I feel blah." 

I am proud I completed Phase 1. The results are excellent. For those who like metrics, I'll outline where I was when I started Phase 1 and where I ended. To get these results, I go to a place called DexaFit. I do what's called a DEXA Scan. It's one of the most accurate ways to test your body fat percentage. It will break it down enough to tell you exactly where you hold your fat. A primary concern of mine other than overall body fat is my visceral fat level. Visceral fat is terrible. It's the fat that surrounds all the important stuff in your gut. Mine was at an unhealthy level.

Results since Jan 1

Lost 8 pounds

Dropped from 20.7% BFP to 18.4%

Visceral Fat: 1.6lbs to 1.2 lbs 

I highly recommend doing 75 Hard. This is the only program like it. It's a wake-up call!

I have a few races scheduled that will be well worth writing an update about. I'll be taking on Phase 2 of 75 Hard in late March. Until then, I will be working through a running and lifting program. 

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, email me at jd@jdoeslife.com.

Cheers,

JD



Comments

Popular Posts