Movember

    It's that time of year already! It feels like I was putting up my Christmas decorations just a few weeks ago. There's a good chance it may have been only a few weeks ago, as I am the self-proclaimed Mr. Christmas. 

   November. Easily one of the most underrated months of them all. There are many reasons to love and enjoy this month if you enjoy Fall the same way I do. Football season is in full swing, leaves are changing, and Thanksgiving, and the food that comes with it. 

    Another reason I enjoy November is that I get to raise some money for a foundation close to my heart, Movember.

    If you don't know, Movember is a foundation that raises money for Men's Health. They help fund men's top three health issues: Mental Health and Suicide Prevention, Prostate Cancer, and Testicular Cancer. You can find out more Here.

    I've been raising money for about 8 years now. Last year I raised close to $700. This year I've already raised $383. I have a big goal this year of raising over $1,000.

    Along with fundraising, Movember encourages us to participate in a challenge of our choosing. Some examples: walking 10k steps a day, 1 push-up per dollar donated, 10 minutes of movement a day, and burning 500 calories during a workout.

This year I plan to complete 248 miles of running/walking in 30 days and 100 push-ups daily.

That would be the equivalent if you decided to walk from Kansas City to St. Louis. 

I will be sharing the link to donate throughout the month. 

Cheers,

Jared



 




Comments

Popular Posts