JDoes.. 75 Hard Update

    Last year my wife and I decided to participate in a program called 75 Hard. To give some background this challenge is not a "Physical" challenge. Simply put, it's created to help you become mentally tough. Although if you take the challenge seriously you will definitely see physical changes. 

For 75 days straight you do the following:

Two 45-minute workouts (1 outside)
Progress picture
Drink a gallon of water
Read 10 pages of a non-fiction book
Stick to a diet of your choosing
No cheat meals
No alcohol

Easy enough.

Last year I lost roughly 10 pounds.

This year within the first half I have lost 16 pounds. I have more energy than I know what to do with. I am probably in the best shape of my life. 

    My wife and I decided to take the bull by the horns and get really gritty and caveman-like with our diet. We decided to only eat single-ingredient foods. I won't spend too much time here but a few examples of the stuff we can eat; Chicken, Fish, Steak, Fruits, Nuts, Produce, Grains, Legumes. Nothing can be canned. If you look at the ingredients list and if there are things you can't pronounce or you have to look up what it is, we can't eat it.

    You can imagine how difficult that is to just jump straight into on the first day of the year after eating anything in sight for the last month of holidays. 

    Not to mention our eating out choices are slim pickings. The only places we can get "fast food" from are Qdoba and Chipotle. 

    As the first weeks went by and after a few really tough days we started to hit our stride. We cook virtually every meal and have started to try new fruits and veggies that we otherwise may have never tried. 

I'm excited for the next half of this challenge. 

Love,

JD

"Fortune Favors the Bold"

Comments

Popular Posts