Phase 1, Week 2

 Last week I was in a bad spot mentally. I felt terrible. I feel much better after changing my macros and upping my calories.

My workouts are getting stronger, I feel amazing, and I haven't been this low in weight in years. 

Today's weigh-in was a bittersweet one.

For the longest time, my goal was to get to a specific weight. I kept telling myself once I got to that weight, I would be happy with myself. Well, this morning, I got to that goal weight and do not feel accomplished. I am proud of myself, but I still have much work to do. 

I relate it to money. Once I get X amount of dollars in the bank, we will be happy. Yet, if we don't fix the actual issue, spending too much money, you'll be broke before long. Then you'll be back to Week 1, Day 1.

We went to a restaurant tonight for a birthday. I can guarantee if I wasn't participating in 75 Hard, I would have done some damage to myself. I would have had a few glasses of wine and a whole pizza. I wouldn't call that having a good relationship with food. Which is the core of my issues. Being heavy and out of shape isn't the problem; it's a symptom of the actual issue.

I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far, but I need to come to grips with the fact that there is no physical end goal. There isn't a number on a scale that will solve all of my issues. I need to develop the discipline required to wake up, get after it, win the day, and repeat. 

On to week 3. Day by day!

JD

Comments

Popular Posts