JDoes 75 Hard.. again

     After failing 75 Hard earlier this year, it's been a goal of mine to do it again. I initially thought to wait until January 1st because who would want to limit what they can do during the summertime. Once summertime is over, we head into Fall. Fall also brings better desserts, bbq, festivals, football, and many other temptations I love partaking in. Even though I have huge goals of becoming a competitive ultra runner and triathlete, Fall is one of those seasons where I tend to fall off the wagon. This year is no exception. I have put on all the weight I lost during my first round of 75 Hard this year. No Bueno.

    I picked up a book by one of my favorite authors, Ryan Holiday. His newest book, Discipline is Destiny, is about a topic I enjoy learning about: discipline. An area in which I fall short on. He mentions a quote from someone who quit smoking cold turkey. It's a simple quote, but it stuck with me. I think a lot of us do.

"The only way to stop is to stop."

Simple yet effective. 

So here I am, 1 whole week into 75 Hard. Right in the thick of Fall. 

    68 days left, which include 2 holidays (Halloween and Thanksgiving) and my wife's and mine anniversary. Accomplishing 75 Hard is already reasonably tricky for me during the 1st part of the year. Throwing Fall into the mix will bring another world of excitement. 

    Week 1 went well. The first few weeks are always "easy." The only real struggle involved a fall festival right by our house. "I'm only 1 week into this. I can start on Monday," crossed my mind. Instead of going to the Oktoberfest portion of the festival, I went home and got my 2nd workout in. I felt incredible about that decision. I didn't feel like I missed out and felt better than I would have if I had caved. 

Day by Day!

JD



Comments

Popular Posts